1. (Introduce with singing of one line of a familiar Christian hymn).
2. Hello, Friend. Are you a Christian?
1. Yes, indeed.
2. Were your parents Christians? Were you born a Christian?
1. My friend, no one is ever born a Christian with the birth that his mother gives him.
2. What do you mean? I do not understand.
1. Many people do not understand that a man cannot be BORN a Christian. Actually, he must be re-born to be a Christian.
2. Please explain what you mean. Is a person to be reborn after he dies?
1. No, the important thing is that we must be re-born before we die. After death it is too late.
2. Re-born before we die? I never heard of such a thing!
1. This re-birth is something which only God can bring about. But it is necessary, and this is the reason. All of us have sinned. Through lying, pride, anger, lust, idolatry, and many other ways we have broken God's laws. Because we are spiritually dead, we sin. Even though we have physical life, sin has cut us off from the life of God. It is when God's life enters into us that we are reborn spiritually.
2. I am very much interested. Tell me more.
1. God says that when we die our bodies return to the dust, but our souls live forever. The person that has not received God's life will go to the place of punishment.
2. I am a religious man. My sins are few and my good works many. So I shall not have to stay in hell for long.
1. Ah, my friend, those who go to hell can never leave it. God has provided a way of complete escape by the death of His Son. For those who refuse God's way, there is no other hope. ("The smoke of their torment goes up forever and ever, and they have no rest, day or night.") That is why we must be re-born before we die. If we have been re-born into the family of God, we will live forever with God. Because we have His life we are (children) of His family.
2. Truly this is what I want! How can a person be re-born?
1. In order to make us His children, God sent His only Son to die (be punished) for our sins. Jesus received the punishment which was our due. He shed His blood to wash away our sin. (He died so that we might live spiritually). Now salvation (this new life) is offered as a free gift to all men. "God has given us eternal life, and this life is in His Son." (He who has the Son has life, and he who has not the Son of God has not life.) "As many as receive Jesus, to them God gives the right to become His sons." Confess your sins to Jesus and He will take them away. Invite Him to live in your heart and to rule you (be your Chief). Entering in, He will give you a new nature (life). Then you will truly be re-born (because His Spirit will be living in you). He will give you His life. You will no longer want to sin (You will have power to say "no" to your bad desires). You will want to love and obey God.
2. Thank you for this message. It is what my heart needs.
Rev. 14:11, I John 5:11, 12; John 1:12Do you have fears? Are you afraid of sickness? Are you afraid of evil spirits? Are you afraid of dying? Are you afraid of the spirits of those who are dead? I have good news for you. I will tell you about Someone Who can take away all your fears. His name is the Lord Jesus Christ. He is the only Son of the true God. He lived in heaven. There everything is full of happiness. But He saw the people of the earth. They were full of sin. This made them sad. They had sickness and fears. Jesus loved them. So He left His home in Heaven and came to this earth to live. Why did He do this? Because He wanted to help people. He was good (holy) but the people were bad. The punishment for their sins was this: After death they would go forever to suffer in the place of fire. But Jesus did not want them to go to this place, so He bore the punishment for their sins. Jesus died to take away (pay for) their sins.
If you do not receive Jesus, you must bear your own punishment. But if you believe on Jesus, He will wash away all your sins and put His life into you. You will be changed. You will not want to do anything bad. You will want to do only what is good in the eyes of God. After Jesus died, He came to life again and went back to Heaven to live with His Father. Now He is alive forever. He has broken the power of death and of Satan. He is stronger than all others. When you believe on Jesus and obey Him, God will be your Father. He will help you when you are sick. He will take care of you if you ask Him to. He will not let evil spirits harm you. You cannot see Jesus now, but He is alive and He can see you. He sees everything. He knows everything. He can hear you when you talk to Him. He wants you to talk to Him often. He is your best friend. If you are afraid, tell it to Jesus. He will take your fears away. If you are sad, Jesus will be with you and comfort you. He will make your heart happy.
When you believe in Jesus you must turn away from your bad customs and sins. Tell Him that you will go His way. Then He will forgive your sins and make you happy. He is powerful and will always help you if you follow Him truly. When you die you do not need to be afraid. Jesus will take you away from this earth and will give you a beautiful home in Heaven (His good place). You will be alive there. You will always be happy there. You will never come back to this earth again. You will live with God. Tell Him: "God, I believe in Jesus. I want Him to take away my sins. I want Him to change me. I want to be Your child and You will be my Father in Heaven. I turn away from my sins now. Thank you." When you have done this, Jesus will take all fears from your heart. Then follow Him always.